Monday, November 8, 2010

Toddlers and Tiaras

Ok- so it's really not THAT scary but Chandler had her first cheer competition of the year Sunday and she did GREAT! (I just sometimes think I'm being secretly filmed for a cheerleading reality show with all the make-up and uniforms- and cheer moms!) She loves it so much and is really naturally gifted. Their team won 1st place! It was so exciting to watch all those months of practice finally pay off! I was so thankful that she was with good friends and a great gym!
 We had such a wonderful Halloween! It was perfect weather and Chelsa got to come see the kids at Ashlee's house before the trick-or-treating began.

We had 2 days to dress up and Chandler was none other than a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader AND Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie. Cracks me up how one little girl can love both of those extremes! Even BEFORE Parker broke his arm, he wanted to be a "hurt person" so the sling was just an added touch! We waited till the literal last minute to come up with something for Patton.  It was his idea to run by the school and get the mascot costume. Our little cardinal!
 Football season has ended for Patton, and with Parker's broken arm his baseball season is over SO on Saturday we only had 1 practice! Jeff was out of town all week so all day Saturday I just worked around the house on little "piles" that needed to be looked through and cleaned up! It doesn't look like I did a thing but it felt good to have the time to go through some stuff.
 On Sunday we had another Rwanda meeting and it was so great to hear from 2 of the missionaries that live there. Chandler and I had to leave early to get to her DGroup, but the little I heard just got me even more excited about this trip! Seriously, I think about it all the time. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for us on this trip! I have a feeling it's just going to make me want to go again and again! And that's ok!!:) I would LOVE to travel to Africa THREE times in 2011! After we get home I'll just be waiting for the call that my niece/nephew is ready and the Cheatham's "little man"(www.cheathamchat.blogspot.com) is ready and I'm hopping on a plane!  CAN'T WAIT!!!
 We've got an awesome fundraiser coming up tomorrow that I know you'll love...stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Awwweee. love this post!!! Love y'all! Love your kids!

    Can't wait to hear about the fundraiser!!!

    ReplyDelete