Sunday, June 17, 2012

i love CAMP! (cheer camp part 2)

Ok, this was the BEST day at camp!! We always have one day at camp to wear whatever colors we want- just to break up the one million red white and black tshirts in our closets! So as I was looking around for some fun, different shirts I ended up looking at some blogs I read....and found THE PERFECT shirts for camp!! My sweet online friend,   Wynne is adopting a sweet little boy from Ethiopia and naming him CAMP!!!! How precious! and was selling these shirts to help raise money for the adoption. I knew right away we must wear these!!
 I mean seriously, how cute are these!! My girls loved them and LOVED the story behind them!



 So we get to the morning rally and give a shirt to all 4 of our buddy counselors! They immediately put them on and wore them for the rest of the day!! Cameron (below) wanted to know all about them so we start telling him the story. And then....he has all 64 FWC Cheerleaders stand up so all 450 campers can see our shirts and then asks the girls to tell everyone what they're about!! It was the coolest thing!

 3 of our buddies wearing CAMP shirts!

 We wore them all day around the TCU campus and I cannot tell you how many people asked us about them! At some point in the day I started handing out notebook paper "business cards"! So many of the staff and other schools wanted to go to the website and order shirts too!!











It was such a blessing to get to wear these and get to talk about a sweet little boy who will soon be home with his forever family! AND after she had made these shirts they found out that they actually get to adopt TWO sweet kids! Camp now has a sister... Asher! We cannot wait to watch this story unfold and see these 2 precious children come home!! As a squad, we will be praying for them and will all celebrate the day they get to be with their mommy and daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, I had ordered two of your shirts but just got one. The one I didn't receive is the blue unisex shirt size large. My PayPal says I paid for it. Just let me know if you got that order too. Thanks so much!
    Shannon Collins
    jmcollins05@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete