Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fun in Fall!

(this title is for my sister Ashlee:)
Halloween and Thanksgiving have come and gone and we had lots of fun memories made with each! We went over to the Woodwards house for trick or treating with Chandler's Dgroup. She was a cowgirl and the boys were both characters from Duck Dynasty.




I have always LOVED dressing up but have spared my children for the last few years by restraining that love....until this year. I just HAD to go as one of my heroes! (and yes I am totally serious- I really do LOVE Michelle Duggar from 19 Kids and Counting- and want to be like her when I grow up!:)
 Quickly after Halloween we started getting ready to have 29 people to our house for Thanksgiving! It was SO much fun and I think everyone had a great time! Thankfully the weather was gorgeous and we could all spread out outside:)

 Patton "built" a "treehouse"  (I use these terms very loosely) and most of the kids decided to check it out

 Jeff, MaryKay and Karen gettin that bird ready!
 This is where the 5 youngest ate...(Angie and Jason giving a pep talk:)
 Let the buffet begin- all the food was delicious as usual! Everyone brought several things so not just one person was slaving away all day- it was very easy and relaxed!
 My mom came too- and she was over every day for a week before helping me get ready!
 The older kids had to eat outside:) (again- so thankful for the weather) but when you have 29 people it's just what you gotta do! -of course Patton would grab the giant turkey leg:)
 The adult table(s)  This is pretty much a terrible picture of everyone (not sure why Jeff has his little pinky up:)?) but you get the idea-- tight but fun!
 Then the older kids played dress up with the youngest
 And stunted for quite a while

 Then it was time for the game of the century-- Outlaws VS. Truebloods    (the original Polk kids against us in-law types:) and we split the kids    Flag football at its finest!
 Papa giving advice to his kids- they're gonna need it




 It was close the whole time- and we ended in a tie! So thankful for this family!!
Well I am off to Africa TOMORROW!!! (So obviously I'm gonna catch up the blog instead of finishing packing:) I hope to post on here and facebook as often as possible! Jeff and I are going with Bread for a Hungry World (with Bobby Moore, Ali Maddox, and Lori Spicer) and leaving the kids here with my mom for TWO weeks!! She is the best! Can't wait for several aspects of this trip- but mostly hugging on my boy! Lots of pics to come I'm sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment